Why people take breaks from blogging.

Well, aye. I feel like this happens more than it should. I forget to write, or never find the time for it which is odd because I adore to type out my thoughts. Things just get scary when you're putting yourself out on the internet, because it's like, who's really reading this anyways? What do they want to see me write about? Who am I marketing to?

Well the thing with me is, I get scared with commitment. I get scared with the fact that if you're running a blog, you have to sit down and post at least once a week to really keep people around. When you're first starting out, you don't get much engagement, and that can be really disappointing. You feel like you're writing to no one, which you kinda are. I remember when I got my first comment on my old blog, it was like christmas. I'm pretty sure I told everyone I saw that day. To those people, they were more than likely thinking "What the hell, I could care less. It's just some random person on the internet, they could be a 40 year-old man for crying out loud." But to me, it was like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Someone cared about what I was writing.

Now, the person that is writing to you right now isn't really the biggest talker in real life anyways. I mostly don't voice my views on things, and I rather sit there and people watch than engage in whatever convo you people are having. So for me personally, when it comes to writing on here, it's a way for me to voice whatever is going on in this head of mine. I've wrote more in the blogging world then i've even told my closest friends.

My point of this post is that, people, including me, take breaks from blogging because they are scared of what is to come from it. Are you going to get that first comment? How long is it going to take? That's what goes through your mind daily. Well, I'm here to say that that is completely normal. To people that don't blog, or maybe even some that do, it's a walk in the park. But to people like you and me, it really isn't. Your anxiety kicks in every 5 seconds, then you don't write for 5 months because you don't have the motivation to do it.

Write anyways. Even if you don't post whatever you wrote, get it out. Eff the rules of how long a post needs to be so it will be read more, do whatever makes you happy and makes you smile at the end of the day. Your mental health, and happiness is what is most important and should come first. When you take care of yourself, you're able to get out in the world and take care of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

buzzoole code
Back to Top